This flavorful one-pan meal only takes about half an hour to get on the table, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something a little healthier than take out.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1” thick
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 12 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and divided
- 2 T. sour cream
- 1 c. organic, sugar-free chicken broth
1. Cut each pork chop with a sharp knife
along one side to form a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season
each side with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a large,
high-sided skillet. Cook until garlic turns fragrant and golden brown,
approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Working in batches if necessary, add fresh spinach to the skillet and
cook until it wilts, stirring constantly.
4. Add 3 ounces of the cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet and stir
until spinach is coated and the cheese is completely melted. Season with salt
and black pepper, to taste, and remove from heat. Let cool slightly before stuffing
each pork chop with an equal amount of the spinach mixture, removing all of the
spinach mixture from the pan in the process.
5. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the same skillet and heat over
medium-high heat. Add stuffed pork chops to hot skillet and cook approximately
3-4 minutes per side or until pork is browned and cooked through. Remove pork
chops from skillet and transfer to a serving dish.Cover with foil to keep warm
and set aside.
Add chicken broth and remaining cream cheese to the
skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Scrape up brown bits from bottom of the
pan while stirring to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce. Continue
cooking until sauce is reduced by one half, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove
from heat and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
To serve, spoon some
pan sauce over each stuffed pork chop and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2836Total Fat: 148gSaturated Fat: 56gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 81gCholesterol: 545mgSodium: 2630mgCarbohydrates: 228gFiber: 10gSugar: 208gProtein: 166g