This delicious low-carb pulled pork recipe takes only 10 minutes to put together. After that, you’re free to do something else while your slow cooker transforms it into a nearly effortless melt-in-your-mouth dish your family will love.
For even tastier results, allow pork to sit in its yummy juices once you’ve pulled it apart. This will allow it to absorb even more of that great flavor!
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. dried rosemary
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. ground fennel seeds
- 2 t. cocoa powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. organic sugar-free chicken broth
- 8 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
1. Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and transfer to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Add the chicken broth to the crock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6.
2. Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker crock. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices with the slow cooker set to “warm” for 20-30 minutes to absorb more flavor.
3. To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some crunchy broccoli slaw>and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 769Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 56g