This keto chocolate mug cake is the ultimate no cheat treat! Perfect as a snack or for dessert, and ready in almost no time at all.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1½ T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1¾ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. low carb sweetener of choice*
- 1 egg
- 2 T. heavy cream
- ¼ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
1. Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
4. Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
*Nutritional information for recipe based onSwerve® brand granulated sweetener which reports zero net carbs because the ingredients do not affect blood sugar.
**Actual cooking time will vary depending on individual unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.
Nutritional Information: ***
Total Carbs: 13g
Net Carbs: 6g
***Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Information for this recipe is an approximation because coconut and other low carb flours are not included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 915mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g