Healthy, tasty, simple and quick to cook, this garlic butter cod in skillet recipe will have you enjoying a delicious and nutritious dinner in no time. Serve with oven-roasted asparagus on the side.
Garlic Butter Cod in Skillet
- Garlic Herb Butter Ingredients:
- 6 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ t. garlic, finely minced
- 1 t. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 t. fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ t. sea salt
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 4-oz. Atlantic cod fillets
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Prepare the garlic-herb butter by combining all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until the garlic, herbs, and salt are evenly distributed throughout the softened butter.
2. Transfer the butter mixture to the center of a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap tightly and place inside the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to become firm.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat cod filets dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Add filets to hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they become golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and carefully flip each fillet. Top each filet with an equal amount of herb butter and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. While cooking, spoon the herb butter back over the filets as it melts.
5. Remove from heat and transfer fillets to individual serving plates. Drizzle with melted herb butter and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
6. Serve immediately with some oven-roasted asparagus tossed with remaining herb butter from skillet or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: *
Total Carbs: 0.43g
Net Carbs: 0.33g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Carbohydrates: 0.43gFiber: 0.1g