- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red onion, diced small
- 1 large stalks celery, diced small
- 1. c. white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. heavy cream, tempered*
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 c. Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- *To prevent curdling, add a small of hot liquid from skillet to heavy cream before adding it to the soup.
olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery
and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5
the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic
powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to
taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the turkey is no longer pink and the
mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated
through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before
adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2
frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir
to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and
cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with
remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Carbohydrates: 7.29gFiber: 2g